Layoffs at Corus
Today Corus laid off several staffers across the country. The first report I received was that evening host Travis Pelletier had been let go, he posted this message on facebook,
They say you’re no one in radio until you get fired. Well looks like I’m finally someone. Thanks for the memories Corus.
Time to start knocking on doors to find that next step.
By this evening I heard that Corus Hamilton let go of a few on air staff at both Fresh 95.3 and Y108, including midday host Chuck Evans and evening host Nick Cino at Y108. Lana Pavolic was evenings at both Fresh Hamilton and London and she is no longer listed on the Hamilton page but she is still on Londons. It may not be accurate as Travis is still listed on FM 96. Fresh Edmonton has also let go of the morning show of Jay and Dani, and the evening show is also now not listed there. There were layoffs in the newsroom as well at CKNW and other stations including, Jeremy Lye, Jon Hall, and Tim Dickert
Also hearing AM980 news (CFPL AM) London host Andrew Lawton is no longer with the station, not sure if it is a layoff or he just left on his own. Leigh Robert who has been at Corus London/Woodstock for several years was let go also.
As we get word of who was let go we will update this post.
Tammy Cole from Winnipeg is going to oversee q and edge
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell’s Virgin Radio Toronto & Edmonton…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Trudeau Government Announces $600 MILLION Media…
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Vancouver Radio PPMs … Aug. 27th – Nov.…
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Ex CTV Vancouver Anchor Tamara Taggart to Seek…
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Aug. 27th – Nov 25th 2018
- These Are The Highest-Paid US Radio Hosts