The Beatles have today’s almost forgotten track
It’s a given that calling any Beatles track Almost Forgotten is a silly exercise, but, relatively speaking there are oodles of tracks that helped establish the band that are rarely, if ever, given any airplay today…this one, which kicked off the album Canadians know as Beatlemania, and the rest of the world knows as either Meet (or) With The Beatles is one such example…it was the first album I bought by the band, and, officially, the cost, which was, I think, $3.99 from Sidney Pharmacy, was raised by my sisters and I pooling our allowances…I’m pretty sure that the day I brought it home we must have listened to it, all the way through, at least a dozen times…with goosebumps accompanying ever play…I also remember setting the family’s console stereo, which was a fairly large piece of furniture, to automatic repeat play, but that might just be my imagination…truly, one of the most exciting musical days of my life.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!