Alice Cooper has today’s almost forgotten track
A trip into my personal past for sure today…I first saw Alice Cooper at Toronto Pop, but had already heard their first recorded output by that time…I didn’t expect much, based on those recordings, and was, therefore, massively surprised and impressed by what they put into their stage show…a couple of years later they released the Love it to Death album with their first big hit (Eighteen) and were well on their way to becoming one of the biggest acts in the world for a while…saw many shows in London Ontario and I recall that many of us couldn’t wait for this one…Dwight Fry was a character from Dracula, if I remember correctly, and this song was the one most of us waited for during those electrifying live performances…shock rock indeed.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!