Norma Tanega has today’s almost forgotten track
The caption on this clip pretty much sums it up…”one of the most weird and forgotten singles of the mid 60s”…weird or not, at the time of its release people programming radio reacted positively, propelling the song into the top 30 nationally, though, once it was done, it disappeared almost completely…I always thought of it when Friends was featuring Chloe singing her songs, particularly Smelly Cat…after going to England to promote the track there, Tanega returned home, but was soon back in Britain at the invitation of her new friend Dusty Springfield, with whom she lived for the next five years…she was never able to duplicate the success of this song, though she continues to work and record as recently as within the last five years…and she’ll always have this one to ensure her place in the minds of those of us with really good memories…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!