Hot Tuna have today’s almost forgotten track
As one of the commentators says of this clip “this is like the blues giving birth to jazz while listening to classic rock and roll”…fairly apt I’d say when trying to determine how to describe Hot Tuna…the group was a spin off from Jefferson Airplane when guitarist Jorma Kaukonen and bassist Jack Casady wanted to take a break from the psychedelic superstars and get back to the roots of what made them musicians in the first place…most who’ve heard the group figure that that’s exactly what they succeeded in doing, yet far too many have never heard of the band…they’ve appeared in configurations ranging from just a duo, to trio, to this collection gathered together a while ago to celebrate Jorma’s 70th birthday, which makes it seven years ago…they may not have had much success, commercially speaking, but they’ve always made records worth listening to, and should they come near me, even at their advanced stage of life, I’d still make plans to go see them play…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…