Carlos Santana has today’s almost forgotten track
I’m aware that most of the time this space features bands that had relatively short lives, enabling the concept of almost forgotten, but sometimes a major act, still working, has material that deserves to be remembered yet suffers from the fact that they had so many other tracks that get all the airplay…Santana is an example and this live performance of Europa is the proof in the pudding…many members have passed through Carlos Santana’s band since he emerged at the end of the 60s, but as long as he remains the focus, who could complain? His tone, his sustain, and his musicality are matched by few. If I had to pick a favourite Santana track it would probably be Samba Pa Ti, but this one isn’t very far down the list…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…