Chris Farlowe has today’s almost forgotten track
Chris Farlowe was recognised by many as one of the finest voices of English pop…after attracting attention as front man for a band called The Thunderbirds, he was signed as a solo act to Immediate Records, owned by Andrew Loog Oldham, manager of the Rolling Stones, which gave him Jagger and Richards involvement…they gave him this Stones tune to use as his breakthrough single, and, if you listen carefully you should have no problem determining who the backing vocalists are…sadly, apart from some chart success in Britain, he was destined to remain a domestic thing…after that short heyday was over, he became vocalist for a number of different bands, most notably Atomic Rooster, but international stardom, even with his early assistance, was never to be.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…