Savoy Brown has today’s almost forgotten track
Kim Simmonds has been on the road under the Savoy Brown trademark for fifty years but only occasionally has his band lineup remained constant in that time…to many of us the best lineup he led would have to be this one with Chris Youlden as frontman, backed by three guys who, like Chris, would soon leave the band to make it on their own…Chris went on to a sadly uncelebrated career as a solo act, while Tone Stevens, Lonesome Dave Peverett and drummer Roger Earl formed a band that would have a long career on their own called Foghat…for those who would go to dance halls in the 60s and early 70s for their rock and roll fix, I hope this track brings back many memories…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…