PROSALESGUY – The Top 10 Things I Learned As A Sales Manager
Many of the people we offer sales training to in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria entertain the idea of becoming a Sales Manager at some point in their career. For those of you thinking of such a move, ask your Sales Manager what he or she wishes they would’ve known from the start of their management career. Chances are you’ll get a smile and a thoughtful look from your boss. Listen carefully. You’re about to learn some valuable lessons.
What I Wish I Could’ve Known From The Start
Great Salespeople are always a strong consideration for management. It makes sense to think that a top producing Salesperson would make a great Sales Manager, right? Any company would love to clone their best Salesperson and have him or her in the field. Consider that the two roles seem very similar yet are very different. It’s like Salesperson and Sales Manager are on two opposite ends of the same coin.
A Salesperson is responsible for selling. A Sales Manager has the duties of teaching Salespeople to sell. While it certainly helps to know how to do the job, coaching people and bringing out the best in them is much different than doing it yourself. Here are the Top 10 things that I learned as a Sales Manager. None of them came from the experience of being a Salesperson.
1. Understand the difference between Management and Leadership.
Managers manage people. Leaders teach people to manage themselves through empowerment, self-accountability and great coaching skills.
One of our most popular programs is Sales Management Training. It’s an intensive, six-month on the job training program and it’s customized to your specific role and company whether you are in B2B Sales, B2C Sales, a Sales Supervisor, Sales Manager or CEO of your company. It’s 100% practical and comes with On-Demand Access.
If you’re a Salesperson looking for cost-effective sales training, check out our CYBER MONDAY pricing this week only! Our five-star rated online program The Sales Skills Incubator is $50 off at $149 Canadian including taxes. Our book SHUT UP! Stop Talking and Start Making Money available on Kindle for $4.99 Canadian on Amazon.
Dave Warawa – PROSALESGUY
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…
- The Okanagan Valley’s 10 best radio personalities