LG 104.3 denied request to remove Blues
The CRTC has denied an application to amend the broadcasting licence for LG 104.3(CHLG-FM) Vancouver. The Newcap subsidiary had requested removal of the condition of licence requiring it to devote at least 15 per cent of its musical selections to Special Interest Music. The station argued the requirement is alienating listeners and impacting CHLG-FM’s market share and revenue
That means that Monday to Wednesday from 8pm-12am and Thursday and Sunday from 9pm-12am you will still hear the LG Blues lounge.
Newcap asked for the requirement to be removed stating that they needed it gone to be able to better compete in the market and also because there was not a good audience for Blues in the marketplace.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- More on the Imminent Death of Roundhouse Radio