LG 104.3 denied request to remove Blues
The CRTC has denied an application to amend the broadcasting licence for LG 104.3(CHLG-FM) Vancouver. The Newcap subsidiary had requested removal of the condition of licence requiring it to devote at least 15 per cent of its musical selections to Special Interest Music. The station argued the requirement is alienating listeners and impacting CHLG-FM’s market share and revenue
That means that Monday to Wednesday from 8pm-12am and Thursday and Sunday from 9pm-12am you will still hear the LG Blues lounge.
Newcap asked for the requirement to be removed stating that they needed it gone to be able to better compete in the market and also because there was not a good audience for Blues in the marketplace.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo