The Zombies have today’s almost forgotten track
Certainly everybody of a certain age remembers this song with great fondness, including yours truly, but you’re likely to here She’s Not There in a ratio of 100 to one, as oldies lists get pared down to feature only the very biggest hits…The Zombies were an exceptional band, musically…teenagers who won a sixties version of a battle of the bands that included a record deal, they went on to score a few hits before packing it in…main songwriter Rod Argent spent the 70s leading his own band Argent, and vocalist Colin Blunstone worked for years with The Alan Parsons Project, but the good news is that the two key members are working together again and doing a fine job bringing back their great catalogue of songs
Greg Simpson is off this and next week. In the meantime, PSR will feature ‘The Best Of TAFT’
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!