Billy Preston has today’s almost forgotten track
Billy Preston was an amazing artist…he began as a child performer and quickly became a member of Ray Charles’ road show, before, in the 60s, becoming a regular on the teen music show Shindig…by the end of the decade he was in Britain recording with the Beatles and, to this day, remains the only artist credited alongside the Fab Four on a label for his contributions to Get Back…then came a solo career that saw many hits, the first of which was this song released on Apple, before becoming a seventies star…later in life, he ran into some problems that we won’t get into here, and, like on this single, turned to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation. None of that, though, takes away from his immense talent.
Greg Simpson is off this and next week. In the meantime, PSR will feature ‘The Best Of TAFT’
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!