Procol Harum has today’s almost forgotten track
Procol Harum are, to the vast majority, a one hit wonder, but in their prime each and every album got a lot of airplay on what was then called FM Underground radio, including this relatively long piece called Repent Walpurgis. The band deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, in my opinion, but, at least, are in the Hall of Fame in the minds of anybody who ever went beyond the magnificent Whiter Shade of Pale.
Greg Simpson is off this week. In the meantime, PSR will feature ‘The Best Of TAFT’
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- Vancouver’s Radio Traffic Man Neil O’Brien dies
- Chuck Chandler dies in Victoria
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Vancouver PPM Radio Ratings .. Aug. 28 – Nov. 26 2017
- Bell Media Confirms Local Radio & TV Layoffs
- David Bray’s PPM Demo Breakouts .. VANCOUVER Nov. 2017
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Dave Sheldon Leaves Pulse 107.7 for Evenings on Sportsnet…