Ronnie Lane has today’s almost forgotten track
Ronnie Lane has the distinction of being in two very different groups who did very well, even though both bands were, in effect, the same one…he was the writer and vocalist of the more reflective songs first in The Small Faces which was fronted by one of the great rock singers of all time, Steve Marriott…then when Steve left he reorganized the band as Faces in which he played a similar role, again, though, behind another of the greatest in Rod Stewart…eventually he left the band to pursue his own muse and though he never again achieved the same commercial success he never failed to satisfy on an artistic level…most of the masses know this song as a Rod Stewart solo hit, but it came from the Faces catalogue with Ronnie on original vocals…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Beach Radio 103.1 in Kelowna takes to the airwaves…
- What is happening to local TV news?
- LG 104.3 denied request to remove Blues
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- CKUA announcer says he was ‘elbowed’ out
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Capital FM call themselves Edmonton’s Official…