Kasia Bodurka joins Global BC As New Weekend Weather Specialist

Kasia Bodurka

We’re thrilled to announce Global BC has hired Kasia Bodurka as the new weekend weather specialist.

Kasia brings her witty humor and enthusiasm to BC audiences from Ontario where she worked for Rogers TV as a live talk show host covering news, community events and entertainment, before joining the Weather Network as a national weather specialist. In her career, she’s also worked as a travel and luxury brand host and worked with the shopping channel as a spokesperson.

She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication and French from The University of Ottawa, and later studied Broadcast Journalism at Seneca College.

Kasia’s new role is effective immediately.

Samantha Simic | Associate Publicist, Global News & Corus Radio, Western Canada

Global News | Corus Entertainment

7850 Enterprise St. | Burnaby, BC, V5A 1V7

T: 604 422-6432 C: 604 418-2387

E: [email protected]

Published on August 12, 2017 at 12:30 pm by Voice Over

Comments

August 3, 2017 - 9:02 pm

Fred

Glad we got some local talent…..

August 4, 2017 - 1:03 pm

Lynne Ryan

I thought Kasia’s performance was a bit rocky the first day. She seemed quite nervous so I hope it gets better.

August 5, 2017 - 7:25 am

mike

i agree fred, rehire kate, move ms.christie to replace boring collier.

August 5, 2017 - 8:54 am

News watcher

Kate Gajdosik is indeed missed. And I believe she had a certificate in meteorology.

August 5, 2017 - 2:33 pm

Terry Bell

Weather specialist is not a meteorologist. Has Global given up on requiring meteorologists to present their weathercasts?

August 7, 2017 - 9:37 am

GR81

Wow….. So much for Yvonne on weather weekends. Is she out at Global too?

I know that Kate was let go a while back….but….. Two local personalities not on weather. Sounds like global is not the place to be for young and talent that want to learn and grow.

August 9, 2017 - 11:28 am

sigh..

lol.. funny how people are so invested in such things…..
How long will she stay at Global? seems like it doesn’t matter, reporters/weather forecasters seem to switch back and forth to the various stations in city, no one keeps up or cares anymore.. one minute one’s on Global, then on CTV, then CBC .. yawn… just like radio land eh?

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Kim Wynn left CTV after what? a year? after all the promoting CTV did.. .let’s face it.. .media market sucks.. it doesn’t matter who you put in front of the tv screen/telapromoter.. . it’s a revolving door

August 13, 2017 - 7:48 am

Rob

I had no idea how many people are still watching the weather news on tv. And I thought this was pugetsoundradio.com

August 13, 2017 - 5:08 pm

Rob

Pardon me for a second comment here, if Kasia wasnt so beautiful, would there be as many comments from this story.

August 14, 2017 - 11:12 am

GR81

Well watch the Saturday Morning news last week.
Kasia will be just fine.
Lynn Collier, looks disinterested no life no pizzaz.
JJ, meh…

August 20, 2017 - 8:18 am

Bill

So many changes at Global I thought Trump had bought the station. Lost me as a regular when Steve Darling was dropped. Some times check to see the flavor of the day.

August 20, 2017 - 8:57 am

nitecap

Find myself hitting the mute button every time they go to Kasia. Her speech pattern and posturing is beyond annoying. Trying too hard.