Kasia Bodurka joins Global BC As New Weekend Weather Specialist

Kasia Bodurka

We’re thrilled to announce Global BC has hired Kasia Bodurka as the new weekend weather specialist.

Kasia brings her witty humor and enthusiasm to BC audiences from Ontario where she worked for Rogers TV as a live talk show host covering news, community events and entertainment, before joining the Weather Network as a national weather specialist. In her career, she’s also worked as a travel and luxury brand host and worked with the shopping channel as a spokesperson.

She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication and French from The University of Ottawa, and later studied Broadcast Journalism at Seneca College.

Kasia’s new role is effective immediately.

Samantha Simic | Associate Publicist, Global News & Corus Radio, Western Canada

Global News | Corus Entertainment

7850 Enterprise St. | Burnaby, BC, V5A 1V7

T: 604 422-6432 C: 604 418-2387

E: [email protected]

Published on August 12, 2017 at 12:30 pm by Voice Over

Comments

August 3, 2017 - 9:02 pm

Fred

Glad we got some local talent…..

August 4, 2017 - 1:03 pm

Lynne Ryan

I thought Kasia’s performance was a bit rocky the first day. She seemed quite nervous so I hope it gets better.

August 5, 2017 - 7:25 am

mike

i agree fred, rehire kate, move ms.christie to replace boring collier.

August 5, 2017 - 8:54 am

News watcher

Kate Gajdosik is indeed missed. And I believe she had a certificate in meteorology.

August 5, 2017 - 2:33 pm

Terry Bell

Weather specialist is not a meteorologist. Has Global given up on requiring meteorologists to present their weathercasts?

August 7, 2017 - 9:37 am

GR81

Wow….. So much for Yvonne on weather weekends. Is she out at Global too?

I know that Kate was let go a while back….but….. Two local personalities not on weather. Sounds like global is not the place to be for young and talent that want to learn and grow.

August 9, 2017 - 11:28 am

sigh..

lol.. funny how people are so invested in such things…..
How long will she stay at Global? seems like it doesn’t matter, reporters/weather forecasters seem to switch back and forth to the various stations in city, no one keeps up or cares anymore.. one minute one’s on Global, then on CTV, then CBC .. yawn… just like radio land eh?

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Kim Wynn left CTV after what? a year? after all the promoting CTV did.. .let’s face it.. .media market sucks.. it doesn’t matter who you put in front of the tv screen/telapromoter.. . it’s a revolving door

August 13, 2017 - 7:48 am

Rob

I had no idea how many people are still watching the weather news on tv. And I thought this was pugetsoundradio.com

August 13, 2017 - 5:08 pm

Rob

Pardon me for a second comment here, if Kasia wasnt so beautiful, would there be as many comments from this story.

August 14, 2017 - 11:12 am

GR81

Well watch the Saturday Morning news last week.
Kasia will be just fine.
Lynn Collier, looks disinterested no life no pizzaz.
JJ, meh…

August 20, 2017 - 8:18 am

Bill

So many changes at Global I thought Trump had bought the station. Lost me as a regular when Steve Darling was dropped. Some times check to see the flavor of the day.

August 20, 2017 - 8:57 am

nitecap

Find myself hitting the mute button every time they go to Kasia. Her speech pattern and posturing is beyond annoying. Trying too hard.

August 26, 2017 - 12:40 pm

lifelongviewer

I agree, Kasia is trying too hard; unnatural – would fit better on CTV with all of their plastic people. Also agree, get rid of Collier – she’s disinterested and just showing up to pick up a paycheck

September 8, 2017 - 4:45 pm

Arlene

I agree with some of the above comments. Steve Darling was terrific. Why was he let go. You lost me as a watcher too. As for Lynn Collier and Jay Janower they both have the same ‘disease’ when it comes to their hands. PLEASE make them stop or make them sit on their hands or hide them under a table. Lynn never used to rub her hands or any of the other things she does. It is very very distracting and annoying. You can bet money on Jay Janower lifting up his papers and straightening then on the table top. Day after day after day after day after day. So annoying. I do not like watching your Saturday morning show for this reason. I agree with ‘nitecap’. Ms Bodurka gestures far too much not just with her hands but with her whole body and she stands right in front of the 7 day forecast. I am sure she is very nice but just one more annoyance on Saturday mornings. Sonya Beeksma was horrible before. She has greatly improved where she is now and doesn’t have the ‘it’s all about me’ attitude. It is a little easier to watch her.

September 8, 2017 - 10:49 pm

notapennypinchingcon

“Steve Darling was terrific. Why was he let go.” WELL, the broadcast media is a completely cruel, illogical and unfair business, so that’s why Steve Darling was let go. Regarding the gesturing of Kasia Bordurka LOL, I don’t watch tv , anymore, so please provide us all the gory details on what gesturing goes on when she’s reading the weather… Are these hand gestures, audibles, like a football quarterback, or body gestures, like a skydiver falling from the sky. When appearing in front of the camera, refrain from waving your hands, bobbing your head, or stepping in dog shit. That will ensure your longevity in a fast paced, competitive, industry.

September 9, 2017 - 8:53 am

Victoria Strong

If the new weather person ” Kasia” on Global weekend weather, is So perfect , with all her t v experience & great hosting talent etc, WHY does she present as a Stupid, dumb new ” personality “on Global weekend news? She is always ” walking in FRONT or behind Lynn ( when Lynn is live giving the news ) , or doing silly facial expressions , and / or swinging forward , trying to get attention, with her whole body /and/or hands/ and / or poking her face into Lynn’s space when sitting as a group when the camera is on all three. Has she been taking too many selfies?? My husband & I are really fed up with her child like ” look at me” tricks” Another poor choice global has ” eagerly hired, ” maybe for her “beauty” & not for her good work ethics??

September 10, 2017 - 5:35 am

notapennypinchingcon

@Victoria Strong: Thanks for your feedback. I have been watching Global Vancouver and its previous incarnations, BCTV, for most of my adult life, (40+ years) and there have been some very weird moments at that station, including the ones you that just mentioned.

When it comes to television news, I am a BCIT trained, “nobody” and nobody knows who the hell I am, (which is just fine, by me) who once worked at eight television stations in four Canadian timezones. However, I am still a working journalist after all of these years, so, I guess that I must know something, right ? LOL

I do feel bad for Ms. Collier, as I think that she is being treated unfairly, however, as she has been a skillful, reliable, dependable journalist for a very long time. It’s quite rude, actually, for a newcomer to position her body in front of another talent on the set, whether you are good-looking or not, is really not the point ! I think that Shaw management owes Ms. Collier some respect for her years of excellent journalistic service to the brand.

Obviously, somebody needs to take Ms. Bordurka aside and provide her coaching on how to act in front of the camera. But, since Vancouver is considered a “major market,” (ha ha ha , maybe not?) you’re supposed to know all of those basics ! And, truth be told, some management types will let you hang on the tallest tree and or strangle yourself, and they won’t cut you down, especially if they are pissed off with you and or don’t like you ! As I mentioned, it is a cruel business.

It’s also quite clear to many that Shaw TV is remodelling the old Global Vancouver and former BCTV brand into something completely different and where it is all going, nobody can say, for sure. However, the media world is completely different than even 20 years ago and they have no choice but to re-invent themselves, or face bankruptcy.

Re: Shaw’s overall lack of humanity in the business, and the unfair treatment of its veteran employees, Shaw isn’t the only nasty media business, out there ! But, I’m glad that you, the public, are recognizing what’s going on and, if some of you do walk away from the conventional media, for good, I will respect your decision.

NAPPC

September 16, 2017 - 8:23 am

Donna

I really miss Steve Darling. I think someone has spoken to Paul about his strange face behaviour but he still bounces around like a teenager. Calm down Paul. Lynn acts like her job bores her to death. I like Jay he is a true sports guy but an above comment does hold water on the paper snuggle. Yvonne, you’re a little professional. Keep up the good work.

September 16, 2017 - 7:12 pm

waldo walrus

Is a weather specialist like a royal watcher? or is that someone who can operate on real meteorologists when they’re ill? She also seems to posses an unusual number of “rights” & “ums”. I don’t think she ever went to journalism school with bad presentation like that.

September 17, 2017 - 9:10 am

Mary

As a long time Global weekend watcher I hate to be negative but Kasia drives me crazy. I have started muting her and will probably stop watching all together.

September 24, 2017 - 7:54 am

Rick

I think Kasia is just great. She’s fun and quirky and just a pleasure to watch, not to mention gorgeous. I fantasize about making sweet love to her over and over again.

September 24, 2017 - 9:10 am

sugarcat

do you ever think kropp watches her staff, kasia too much hand action, blocks board, choppy sentences, i agree collier lost interest, christy to the rescue please, even squire is a joke so much talent in wings and kropp sits on her hands.

October 5, 2017 - 4:35 pm

George

I love your news station but the addition of kassa has change the way I think of your weekend show. The way she directs planes on a tarmac during her weather segment. The way she flairs her hand around os so disruptive. Please remind her that the graphics don’t need that much movement. Have Marc work with her as he is a problem. Also the use of “you” is also annoying . It is a word wispering and she probably doesn’t know she is doing it. Thanks for you time ND I look forward to the changes.
Cheers

October 8, 2017 - 8:53 am

Eyvonne

Not happy with new weekend weather girl kasia. She waves her arms around toooo much, and is really stuck on herself. Loose the attitude and Become more professional.

October 8, 2017 - 9:37 am

Joe Bannanas

I ‘like Kasia, I however don’t love her. Someone was talking about Jill Krop where is she now? I went to communication class English12 communicationwith Jill Krop, she was cute and outgoing but nothing too special. She was however special with her golden locks turned green from working at the pool.Maybe she is the New Alien news director. News sources are being consolidated and maybe all the strings are being pulled from way up there… like Deepspace 9 Lol.

October 12, 2017 - 6:56 pm

Colleen

What’s with this new “weather girl” Kasia? What happened to Yvonne Schalle? Is she being phased out like all the others? I don’t know what you guys are doing, but your going to loose viewers. We have already started to watch more of ctv news.

October 13, 2017 - 11:21 pm

Andrew Barnett

Colleen, Yvonne is still at Global she worked the evenings on the weekend. Kasia is replacing Michael Kuss after he left for a new gig at Jack 96.9.