The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver

Press Release

102.7 THE PEAK (CKPK) in Vancouver ( a division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group) is pleased  to announce that our new morning show will be hosted by Tyler & Lynch who join us from X92.9 in Calgary. Tyler and Lynch come to Vancouver after three successful years together as a highly rated morning team in that market.

“Lynch” as he is known in the radio industry was also music director in Calgary and won MD of the year at Canadian Music Week 5 times! In 2016 Tyler won the Alan Waters “Young” broadcaster of the year award and the WAB (Western Association of Broadcasters) Leader of Tomorrow award.

Tyler and Lynch will host the morning show on 102.7 THE PEAK followed by a brand new line up featuring Jason Manning in the midday, James Sutton and Casey-Jo in the afternoon drive and Clinton Herman bringing it home on the evening show.

As Vancouver’s only Modern Rock radio station we’re very excited to bring Tyler & Lynch and their brand of humor to the Vancouver morning commute and we’re just as excited about the new line up of hosts on 102.7 THE PEAK!

For more information Contact:

Ross Winters
Director of Programming
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
[email protected]

Published on June 2, 2017 at 3:16 pm by Brian Cook

Comments

June 2, 2017 - 7:26 pm

Russ

What is a peak 102?

June 3, 2017 - 12:58 pm

Reality Check

Smart move…these guys are funny as hell. Definitely not your boring, cookie cutter morning show.

June 3, 2017 - 8:29 pm

Brian Cook

I have always been a fan of The Peak as well as X92.9 and I think that Tyler and Lynch coming to Vancouver is amazing. The on air changes at both stations are going to solidify a great lineup for quite a long time. I’ll be interested to see who works weekends at The Peak

June 4, 2017 - 7:58 pm

Alex

If I were CFOX and more specifically the morning show I would be shitting right now. The morning show has become boring and stale. Tyler and Lynch will be much better and bring a lot of new listeners over. There is also nothing on CFOX that will bring listeners back. So once listeners leave to listen to Tyler and Lynch then you know most of them won’t come back over.
Only way CFOX comes out ahead is dump the stale morning show and figure out what they are trying to be. Most of the playlist seems like they grasp at straws. Corus does well for rock stations in the GTA. Not in Vancouver though

June 5, 2017 - 6:04 am

Rob

Alex, I agree with you on the CFOX morning show. Its like Father Jeff telling the same old stories and the other two laughing at his old material. Would probably cost a bundle to buy them out too. Anybody else agree with me?

June 6, 2017 - 2:00 pm

Ed

Hmmm, not sure why Corus would want to buy out the #1 morning show in Vancouver? And clearly they are bringing listeners back considering the Jeff O’neil show is #1 in the market with a 13+ share and the Peak is a 3.6 share, I don’t think Corus is too concerned. Tyler & Lynch do a good show but they have a hell of a climb ahead of them.

June 6, 2017 - 5:46 pm

Chris H

As a listener of CFOX, more specifically the morning show. I disagree. The only thing CFOX has going for it, is the morning show. I believe the have gotten better with age, however I do wish they would be a little more creative with contests like they were back in the day. I understand though, lawyers.

That isn’t to say I’m not going to give Tyler and Lynch a listen, I have briefly listened to Lynch while he was doing Afternoon on X92.9. Nothing bad to say.

June 13, 2017 - 5:05 pm

tim

Sorry to see you guys go from Calgary. I will certainly miss you on my bike ride to work (winter and summer). But good on you for taking a new job in a new place! I am sure Vancouver will love you, and Vancouver is a great city.