Genesis has today’s almost forgotten track
Today’s best of is Genesis on Today’s Almost Forgotten Track
Posting this one today in memory of one of my greatest friends who passed away half a dozen years ago this month…he and I attended a concert at Massey Hall many years ago…the headliner was Lou Reed who was hot on the charts for once in his life, but we went to see the opening act…Genesis were just beginning to get a foothold in North America at the time, and my friend Brent insisted that we had to see them…been a fan of both the band and singer Peter Gabriel ever since…this might give you an idea of what we experienced that night about forty years ago.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- More on the Imminent Death of Roundhouse Radio