Coleen Christie lands a new gig

Coleen Christie announced on her Twitter feed last night (April 11) that she would be joining the team at Global BC and BC News 1. Congratulations Coleen and welcome back on air

Published on April 12, 2017 at 11:05 am by Brian Cook

Comments

April 12, 2017 - 11:40 am

Barry T

Nice! Congrats.

April 12, 2017 - 12:38 pm

Sean

Good for her CTV loss.

April 12, 2017 - 12:42 pm

Rocker Rich

I predicted this hire, especially given Coleen’s longtime friendship with Jill Krop. That’s not to suggest nepotism…think it’s a savvy move by Global as Ms. Christie enjoys residual good will with longtime viewers and the metro area through her MCing for charitable events etc. All the best to Coleen.

April 12, 2017 - 5:04 pm

Brad

A victory for Global BC and their viewers. Not sure how CTV Vancouver can obtain the #1 position with moves like that???

April 13, 2017 - 7:46 am

Lee

I wonder who Global will fire to make room for her.

April 14, 2017 - 3:07 am

Larry Jordan

Both a good move, and an iffy/odd, and rather obvious one.
– Yes Global will pick up a few viewers.
(Among that dwindling demographic who still follow local TV personalities).
– …So much for hiring fresh new faces.
– And how often/well do these “station shifts” really work? Ask Tony Parsons, or Mike McCardel, or…
Yes it’s commendable that C. Christie has a new job.
However at this stage in her life/career, it would’ve more interesting (to me) if she took on new challenges, ie in the political or corporate world.
She’s just moved her chair across town, and will spend the next 3-5 years sitting in it reading a teleprompter stuffed with “stuff” about transit fares and Surrey pit bulls.
(But I’m sure she’ll look pretty darn good, and pretty darn serious, while she’s at it).

April 19, 2017 - 10:29 am

urghh..

Typical Vancouver media market.. .someone gets laid off, so they find a spot at what was the competitors station… how about trying to attract new blood — no I don’t mean useless kids who just graduated from broadcast school (ctv weekend news ‘reporter’ who called Agazzi -A Gassy — really???).. but how about from other markets?
I get it.. news/journalism is lacking from what it used to be.. but how about trying to maintain some sort of standard?
Coleen was going to get a job at Global – we all know she and Jill Krop are besties, so this isn’t really news is it?

April 23, 2017 - 2:20 pm

Broose

This Global TV hire was never in doubt, in my mind. Coleen is one of the most talented and likeable broadcasters in Canada. She will help raise the standard of Global’s on-air product. Great move.

April 25, 2017 - 11:17 am

notapennypinchingcon

It’s still a news story, as only those of you brownnosers who work with Coleen knew of her friendship with Ms. Krop. For a newscaster of her talents, I’d say way to go for Coleen, whom I have been watching since her days at CHEK TV.

I do disagree with Mike Cleaver’s rather negative, bitter, assessment of the tv news business, a business that Cleaver once worked in and thus, he is a failed, so called tv star ? LOL. The tv news business will probably not drown, but like an inflatable raft floating in the middle of the ocean, it will last indefinitely and will be taken away by the currents that guide it, namely the internet currents. The sharks at the HO in TO may or may not get at it, but it could well survive by snaring and dining on fish, crustacions, parts of airliners downed in the seas, and distilled seawater.

How about a celebretory dinner for Coleen snacking on the above , As for Cleaver, how about a delicious slice of humble pie.

May 16, 2017 - 12:16 pm

Darryl

It is great to see Colleen back on the news she does a fantastic job and makes the news enjoyable great to have you back.

May 16, 2017 - 5:43 pm

Joe Sweeney

I knew Christie for a long time on-air… since before I started watching Global News. I glad that she joined the news team. Global BC needs more anchors and reporters…