Downchild Blues Band has today’s almost forgotten track
In their earliest days Downchild had a woman by the name of Jane Vasey in their lineup on keys…Jane died way too young, but made some great recordings with the band, most notably this swinging medley called Tryin’ to Keep Her 88s Straight…I had the pleasure of interviewing Donnie Walsh soon after her death before a show in London Ontario, and when I brought up Jane’s passing we literally had to stop tape to allow Donnie to gather himself together…it was their first tour without her and he was missing her both professionally and personally…here, Peter Appleyard joins Jane on the so when she did a solo guest shot on his TV show…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Beach Radio 103.1 in Kelowna takes to the airwaves…
- What is happening to local TV news?
- LG 104.3 denied request to remove Blues
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- CKUA announcer says he was ‘elbowed’ out
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Capital FM call themselves Edmonton’s Official…