Alison Krauss & Robert Plant have today’s almost forgotten track
Plant & Krauss won a Grammy for Album of the Year, but not included on that album was this cover of one of Led Zeppelin’s classics…I was fortunate enough to see RP with the Band of Joy a couple of years ago and that group, too, featured some totally reworked Zep material…truly hoping that, one day, Alison and Robert will find time in their schedules to
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Beach Radio 103.1 in Kelowna takes to the airwaves…
- What is happening to local TV news?
- LG 104.3 denied request to remove Blues
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- CKUA announcer says he was ‘elbowed’ out
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Capital FM call themselves Edmonton’s Official…