Edgar Winter has today’s almost forgotten track
Edgar Winter began his career in the white shadow of his brother Johnny, but went on to score major hit on his own in Free Ride and Frankenstein, but one of my favourite songs of his goes back to the days he was with a band called White Trash…he’s still touring, to great success, but, a few years ago took to the road with one of Ringo’s all star ensembles, and, thankfully, performed this wonderful song for those that remember…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Greg Simpson is the author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- 40 Year Victoria Broadcaster Steve Duffy and C-FAX Part…
- Bruce Williams Released from CTV Vancouver Island
- Bell Media Fires Mark & Janet Burley same day, same…
- Bell Media Chops Radio Voices of Whitecaps, Lions
- Ingrid Schumacher let go from CHUM-FM
- CTV Vancouver Island Drops Sports in Newscasts?
- Another Bell Media victim, Gord Leighton!
- Scott Rintoul Loses His TSN 1040 Show, but Keeps his Job
- Kevin & Sonia Return! this time its morning at KiSS FM…