Ingrid Schumacher let go from CHUM-FM

Thursday marked the end of an era at CHUM in Toronto. Midday host Ingrid Schumacher was let go after her shift. She had been with the company for 40 years. No replacement was announced but it looks like other hosts will fill in for now

Sad to see someone as talented as her let go after so long. She wasn’t even given a proper send off. Recently in Toronto Josie Dye (ex of Edge), Raina (ex of Indie 88), Maureen Holloway (ex of Q107) and Erin Davis were allowed to say goodbye to the listeners. Mind you they all left for other opportunities or retirement.

Published on January 29, 2017 at 8:33 pm by Brian Cook

Comments

January 30, 2017 - 6:50 am

David G

David Corey – killing Canadian radio and it’s Bell brands slowly since 2015.

January 30, 2017 - 7:53 am

Fay Hough

I was wondering why Ingrid wasn’t on the air on Sunday or this morning. So very sorry she’s no longer going to be the voice of chum fm mornings at 9. Hope she’s moved on to something new and better!

January 30, 2017 - 8:27 am

Barry T

Yep keeping it classy. After 40 years with the same company and that’s how it ends, someone escorting you out the door with a manila envelope under your arm and holding a cardboard box. Sad.

January 30, 2017 - 7:25 pm

Maria C

That’s terrible!!! She deserved a better send off… with Grace, Respect and Dignity. I’ve enjoyed listening to her all these years. She should have been allowed to address her FANS and give a warm and heartfelt “Goodbye”!! Ingrid you will be sorely missed. ??? I wish you all the very best in your future and lot’s of health, happiness and Prosperity ❤⚘?

February 19, 2017 - 6:26 pm

Anonymous

I’m glad she’s gone! She was one of the reasons I stopped listening to CHUM FM! Great choice to get rid of her!

February 24, 2017 - 7:37 am

Karen

I love Ingrid! I listen to her at work every day and will miss her voice. She felt like a friend!
Moving on to another local station, CHUM FM just isn’t the same without Ingrid.
I hope she gets air time on a competitive station for her fans to follow. GO Ingrid!!!!

February 27, 2017 - 8:42 pm

Joanne

Cannot believe you let Ingrid go. She was fantastic.
The station is going down hill.

March 10, 2017 - 12:03 pm

Archie Brown

I enjoyed listening to Ingrid’s voice. However, in this broadcast industry where many On-Air personalities are released from their respective Radio Jobs within a few years, Ingrid should be more than grateful that she was able to hold onto a job for 40 years with the same station!!! I think she became complacent in her job because it sounded like she didn’t do any prep for her show. She would basically do breaks like…”you’re listening to CHUM FM” or announce her name – she didn’t do any informative breaks, PLUS she kept a block on the Studio phone and didn’t answer phone calls during her show except to answer listeners during contests.

I am glad that Richie Favalaro has been getting more on-air time because he has effectively filled in as a Swing person and done weekend show voice-tracking for so long so it is a pleasant change to hear him during mid-days. He obviously prepares for his shows and presents some interesting facts.

Believe me, I am sure that Ingrid was well compensated after 40 years of service.