Russell James gone from Rogers Vancouver, plus…

RussellJamesImage

Russell James

Latest News reports from online sources include the news Russell James is now gone from Rogers Vancouver. Previous to KiSS Vancouver, Russ was with Bounce in Edmonton, before that with John Yerxa and the launch of HOT 107.

News from Newcap is about another dude from the UK landing at lg104.3 and Z95.3

Published on June 23, 2016 at 5:54 pm by Voice Over

Comments

June 23, 2016 - 6:03 pm

Rob

Russell James has been around for a very long time. He added nothing to 104.9 Kiss in Vancouver, but having said that, the station is grasping at straws. They are cutting costs, but the real root of the problem is management at Rogers in Vancouver.

June 23, 2016 - 7:12 pm

Eric

Kiss 104.9 just needs to change formats. The morning show is pathetic, and the overall presentation is terrible. 104.9 did just as well as FUN FM. The five year Sonic/Kiss experiment failed so change already.

June 24, 2016 - 12:11 am

Joe Leary

Gotta say, the negative shit on these boards is gettin’ old! It’s just too easy to slay a character when posting anonymously. I’ve known Russell for a number of years; in a variety of radio stations and situations. I like him and I respect him. If indeed he’s been the victim of yet another budget crunch, doesn’t he at least deserve – some respect?

June 24, 2016 - 7:34 am

Chris

Russell is a good mixshow host…not a programmer. It’s beyond me this guy has held a programming job in a major market still when he drove the bounce Edmonton into the ground and now Sonic/Kiss Vancouver.

June 24, 2016 - 8:03 am

BLT

So what to do with the 104.9 frequency? Rogers have tried just about every possible format. Perhaps a return to an easy listening format, a Bieber, Weekend, Drake, Rhianna free zone? Lot’s of variety. 104.9 seems to be jinxed.

June 24, 2016 - 8:59 am

Jody Vance

I’m with Joe.

June 24, 2016 - 9:57 am

Tom Jeffries

I am with Jody and Joe. It’s easy to chop someone, and hide behind a moniker. This was a budget move. I don’t think Russell should wear this. I am also bound to say, that management at 104.9 has been LOUSY. That being said – advertising is cratering for all types of media. Changes are coming. I suggest a career in anything BUT Radio.

June 24, 2016 - 10:31 am

Rob Brimacombe

Since we are each just a “Survey of One”, here’s my 2 cents.
Radio has and needs quality talent and people. I had the chance to work with Russell. He’s a positive, energetic and experienced radio and music guy. Here’s to his next move.

June 24, 2016 - 1:54 pm

Honey Bee

I also stand with Joe. Lots of armchair quarterbacks around here (and similar venues) sharing uninformed, vile “opinions.”

June 24, 2016 - 2:28 pm

Donovan

Never met Russell myself, but he’s done some great work, namely the launch and early days at Edmonton’s Hot 107. But there he was backed by a creative and think-outside-the-box radio vision. I’m guessing such was not the case at Rogers. But hey, he did manage a good 2 and a half year run on Ash Street!

June 25, 2016 - 2:51 am

John Masecar

I also worked with Russell on Ash St. He’s a talented, energetic, and positive guy, and was a total pleasure to work with – and speaking as someone who spent 30+ years in radio production, I learned even more about my own craft from him. The future is yours Russell, thank you!

June 28, 2016 - 9:27 am

Unsub

I have worked with Russell James a few different times and I have to say he that he is one of the most passionate and creative broadcasters in the country and I have learned a hell of a lot from him.

July 6, 2016 - 2:23 pm

jeff

I like Russell James and think he is very talented. Good luck in your next adventure Russell. And Tom Jeffries, I’m also a huge fan… any chance you’ll return to the Vancouver airwaves?

July 16, 2016 - 8:51 pm

Tom Jeffries

Jeff – I am up to 2 fans!!

March 31, 2017 - 4:59 pm