Print Topic - Archive

Puget Sound Radio  /  Human-caused global warming - fact or fiction?  /  Weekly Standard wins for Best Al Gore cover!
Posted by: Sam, March 7, 2010, 3:16am
The Weekly Standard
weighs in on Climategate,
and wins the prize for Best Al Gore Cover

RealLibertyMedia.com
March the 5th, 2010

I was thrilled to see the global warming busting article, “In Denial” online at The Weekly Standard website. And then I thought I’d take a look at where it was in the print version of the magazine. That’s when I saw it was the cover story, accompanied by the best damn illustration mocking Al Gore I think I’ve ever seen. It’s a beauty!

The story opens:

It is increasingly clear that the leak of the internal emails and documents of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in November has done for the climate change debate what the Pentagon Papers did for the Vietnam war debate 40 years ago—changed the narrative decisively. Additional revelations of unethical behavior, errors, and serial exaggeration in climate science are rolling out on an almost daily basis, and there is good reason to expect more.

Read the rest here: In Denial

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/articles/denial

Posted by: 30 (Guest), March 7, 2010, 2:35pm; Reply: 1
Kinda makes a guy feel almost euphoric about gaily running amok with cans of hairspray.

I still wonder if these are decisive blows or if the proponents of Global Warming will continue to successfully find ways to weasel into the consciousness of the rubes. That is: us.
Posted by: Hallicrafters, March 7, 2010, 2:50pm; Reply: 2
Didn't B.C. pass Cap and trade?

Press release from 2008"

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2005-2009/2008ENV0035-000462.htm

VICTORIA – The government of British Columbia is moving forward in the fight against climate change by introducing the Greenhouse Gas Reduction (Cap and Trade) Act, Environment Minister Barry Penner announced today.

“The Cap and Trade Act will make British Columbia the first Canadian province to introduce legislation authorizing hard caps on greenhouse gas emissions,” said Penner. “This enabling legislation provides the framework to participate in the Western Climate Initiative cap and trade system currently under development.”

I thought Cap and Trade was a Wall Street con game?  Al Gore and Campbell screwing the public, say it isn't so.
Posted by: Hallicrafters, March 7, 2010, 9:43pm; Reply: 3
err if there's no global warming why is my son on his third run through Air Care? ;-)
Posted by: 962 (Guest), March 8, 2010, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
Now let's get this straight...Air Care is to do with air pollution....GW?CC is to do with money, manipulation, agendas and redistribution of wealth...and stop killing the Polar bears as you sit there exhaling CO2, reading this posting.  Geeze...without GW?CC David Suzuki would have to get a real job. Smarten up!!! 8)
Print page generated: October 24, 2014, 9:29am