Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Alberta and Prairie Radio/TV News  ›  Danny Hooper's Emotional Farewell

Danny Hooper's Emotional Farewell  This thread currently has 5,407 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Airwaves
July 31, 2013, 6:14pm Report to Moderator

If you missed Danny's announcement this morning CFCW, this will be his last week as co-host of the CFCW Morning Show.

New opportunities are on the horizon for Danny Hooper Productions in the world of Benefit Auctions. Mornings are going to be a little more tame around Alberta on 790AM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dave Warawa - PROSALESGUY
August 3, 2013, 1:11am Report to Moderator

Admins
Best wishes to Danny and his new endeavors.  He provided a style of "Dumb and Dumber" humor next to Sharon Mallon on CFCW.  Listeners across province and even in Saskatchewan would travel to the CFCW Listener Appreciation Party to simply see the personalities and hear their favorite performers.  I must admit that in all the stations that I have worked, nothing rivals the time spent listening and loyalty of the CFCW audience.  Jackie Rae Greening now faces the challenge of a finding a replacement.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Voice Over
August 14, 2013, 7:50pm Report to Moderator
Administrator
An Emotional Farewell
from Danny Hooper

It was with a very heavy heart that I announced my retirement from 790 CFCW radio on Monday, July 29.

Co-hosting the popular Morning Show with my partner Sharon Mallon for the past 7 years has been one of the major highlights of my career, and the decision to move on at this time was not an easy one to make.

But I need more freedom to focus on my fundraising auction and emcee business and to pursue some amazing opportunities, many of which entail extensive travel. In fact, next month I’ll be in Chicago speaking to the top fundraising auctioneers in the business at the National Benefit Auctioneers Summit, and this December I’m off to Toronto to do an another auction for the David Foster Foundation.

Also, I’m currently writing a book on the subject of fundraising auctions, and developing a new seminar on the topic that we will roll out very soon.

And so, It’s “good-bye” to the 4:30 mornings and “hello” to a proper night’s sleep!

I will miss working with Sharon. We became, and will remain, the closest of friends. So too will I miss entertaining the countless listeners who enjoyed starting their day with us and sharing a few laughs.

But now it’s onto the next chapter of my career, and although I’m filled with excitement, energy, and optimism, I can tell you one thing.

Change is never easy.

http://dannyhooper.com/an-emotional-farewell/

Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Alberta and Prairie Radio/TV News  ›  Danny Hooper's Emotional Farewell

Sparky Taft