Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Alberta and Prairie Radio/TV News  ›  Edmonton media great gets honoured

Edmonton media great gets honoured  This thread currently has 996 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Airwaves
April 13, 2011, 6:03am Report to Moderator
Edmonton media great gets honoured

Tim Spelliscy

By Heather McIntyre
    MetroNews
  Published: April 11, 2011

Coming up on 36 years in the media business, Tim Spelliscy was given a chance to reminisce over the weekend.

The 55-year-old Global Edmonton station manager received the 2011 RTNDA (Radio-Television News Directors Association of Canada) Lifetime Achievement Award on Saturday at a ceremony in Saskatoon.

“I’m just happy enough to work in the business,” said Spelliscy. “You always wonder, could you have done more? (But) I like to think I’ve got a lot of time left.”

Spelliscy started his career in radio in 1975, spending time in Grande Prairie and Regina before joining the staff of a CFRN station at home in Edmonton.

He moved up the ranks there before getting hired in 1979 at ITV, now Global.

There he has held a variety of jobs — reporter, host of Oilers telecasts, assignment editor, news director, and now regional director and station manager — all of which he has enjoyed, he said.

“When you work 40, 50, 60 hours a week, you better have fun,” he said with a laugh

http://www.metronews.ca/edmonton/local/article/829022--edmonton-media-great-gets-honoured

Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Alberta and Prairie Radio/TV News  ›  Edmonton media great gets honoured

Sparky Taft