Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Washington State Radio/TV News  ›  Nick Alan to KKWF, Gregg Hersholt to KXL

Nick Alan to KKWF, Gregg Hersholt to KXL  This thread currently has 745 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
clockwatcher
April 2, 2011, 4:01pm Report to Moderator
Admins
Nick Alan To Exit KATC (Colorado Springs), Headed To KKWF (Seattle)
courtesy All Access Music Group
April 1, 2011

CITADEL Country KATC/COLORADO SPRINGS, CO PD/PM drive personality NICK ALAN is joining ENTERCOM Country KKWF (100.7 THE WOLF)/SEATTLE as Night Personality/Imaging Director.
Nights at KKWF were formerly handled by ALAN KABEL (NET NEWS 1/25).
KKWF PD MIKE PRESTON said: “After a nation-wide search for a strong multi-tasking, programming savvy air personality, it’s ironic that I literally bumped into NICK at COUNTRY RADIO SEMINAR in NASHVILLE! I’m thrilled we could convince him to trade the ROCKY MOUNTAINS for the CASCADES and the PACIFIC!”
NICK has also previously handled PD/MD duties at CITADEL’s Country WTNR/GRAND RAPIDS, MI and has recently done some hosting on DIAL GLOBAL’s “TRUE COUNTRY” format. NICK will become the primary producer of station promos and imaging and he begins his new WOLF duties on MONDAY, APRIL 11th.

Gregg Hersholt Joins KXL/Portland As Afternoon News Anchor
courtesy All Access Music Group
April 1, 2011

Former longtime BONNEVILLE Talk KIRO/SEATTLE morning co-anchor GREGG HERSHOLT is joining ALPHA BROADCASTING Talk KXL-A-F/PORTLAND as 4-7p (PT) afternoon news anchor and Managing Editor, starting MONDAY (4/4).  HERSHOLT had been withj KIRO for 26 years and previously worked at KJR-A and KVI-A/SEATTLE and KYTE-A and KLLB/PORTLAND.  HERSHOLT will join LACEY EVANS at the anchor desk for the afternoon news block; EVANS will take her spot on the show on APRIL 11th.
"I've known GREGG for years and he's an incredible journalist and broadcaster making him the perfect choice to anchor our afternoon news block," said ALPHA Dir./Talk Programming BRIAN JENNINGS.  "His years of experience and dominance in SEATTLE along with his conversational style and interviewing techniques make him a natural choice for KXL. With our recent move to the FM dial at 101.1, GREGG brings a new energy to the KXL News Department and will help establish a new standard."
"I'm thrilled to join a company like ALPHA BROADCASTING with its strong emphasis on local news and programming.  KXL has some of the finest broadcasters in the country and I'm proud to be part of the team," said HERSHOLT, who exited KIRO last MAY.

http://www.allaccess.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Washington State Radio/TV News  ›  Nick Alan to KKWF, Gregg Hersholt to KXL

Sparky Taft