Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Street Talk/Shop Talk/let's Talk  ›  Lynn Colliar Leaving Global Early Mornings

Lynn Colliar Leaving Global Early Mornings  This thread currently has 21,769 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
clockwatcher
September 8, 2010, 6:54pm Report to Moderator
Admins

Looks like Lynn Colliar has had it with the 12 years or more of early morning starts at BCTV/Global Vancouver.

Lynn is leaving the early morning news with Steve Darling after Friday's show to become a senior investigative reporter with Global.  

Sophie Lui has been tapped to take over Lynn's early start chair as of Sept. 27.  Since she's already been filling that role on weekends it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for Sophie, who's been one of my personal favorites since she arrived at C-FAX about 13 years ago.

Logged Offline
Private Message
clockwatcher
September 8, 2010, 8:28pm Report to Moderator
Admins
Wesla Wong interviews Lynn on the upcoming changes ..posted on You Tube it runs 2.47.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlhzo3rV38&hd=1
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 10
airadio
September 8, 2010, 9:58pm Report to Moderator
Yeah, Sophie is one of my personal favorites as well.  In fact, either Sophie or Randene(spell ?) would work for me.  Both delightful.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 10
Radioman
September 8, 2010, 10:07pm Report to Moderator

Quoted from airadio
Yeah, Sophie is one of my personal favorites as well.  In fact, either Sophie or Randene(spell ?) would work for me.  Both delightful.

Ditto on Sophie
I think if I was Randene I'd stay put... getting up at 2:45am as Lynn has these past 12 years isn't much of a promotion as far as I'm concerned,
just sayin..
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 10
airadio
September 8, 2010, 10:38pm Report to Moderator
Yeah Radioman, but it would be "mornings" : the only gold mine left in accountant-driven radio/tv broadcasting.  
Show me 100 people who make 6 figures in broadcasting in Canada, and I'll show you 95 morning personalities.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 10
gr8one
September 8, 2010, 11:22pm Report to Moderator
So maybe we will see Robin Stickley back on weekends???????? :)
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 10
ArtistformelyknowasOpenMike
September 9, 2010, 2:23am Report to Moderator

I believe that Robin is one of the most talented staff members they have at Global right now and her talents seem to be wasted.  The weekend morning news is pretty much a dead zone, I would suspect.  They need to do something more with Robin because she is just too good.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 10
vancouverdude
September 9, 2010, 3:32am Report to Moderator
Quoted from gr8one
So maybe we will see Robin Stickley back on weekends???????? :)

Well, she's still on weekends.  She's been anchoring the Weekend News Hour for quite awhile now.  

I agree with you OpenMike, Robin is good, however, Global always seems to have too many anchors and not enough anchor positions, and Robin is simply one of those that can't get a good spot, yet.  

She'll work her way up in due time.  After all, one of the top/high profile anchors in BC, Pamela Martin anchored the Weekend News Hour for many years, before moving on to the Early News, then, CTV News @ 6.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 10
Groovygirl
September 9, 2010, 6:55pm Report to Moderator
Wow! Changing of the guard. I hope it's Sophie.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 10
MAILMAN
September 11, 2010, 1:19am Report to Moderator
Sorry (apologies to Lynn and all her fans) never liked her lazy presentation style. Slurred a lot, talked too fast and just phoned it in in my opinion. Now Robin! Hey! A consumate professional. What a difference!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 10
talker 2002
September 11, 2010, 6:11pm Report to Moderator
I have noticed one major thing about the Morning News:

When there is just one anchor at the desk, the show is much easier to watch. No gaffs as to who reads the next line, no lame sideways glances serving as a silent cue to carry on with the next line on the 'prompter.

The ideal Morning News for me would be to use Sophie or whomever as a lone anchor and give Steve back to the Sports Department.

Now, if only they could get away from lines like, "Okay so-and-so, thanks for that update" or words to that effect. Just, "Get on with it," as Peter Warren used to say.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 10
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Street Talk/Shop Talk/let's Talk  ›  Lynn Colliar Leaving Global Early Mornings

Sparky Taft