Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    GENERAL CHAT    Music News  ›  Jammin' with Bryan Adams, a PM Perk!

Jammin' with Bryan Adams, a PM Perk!  This thread currently has 713 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Sidney Spit
May 19, 2010, 11:46pm Report to Moderator
Admins
Jamming with Bryan Adams
a job perk: Harper

Canwest News Service
May 19, 2010

Rock-pop icon Bryan Adams jammed with Prime Minister Stephen Harper at 24 Sussex Drive while in Ottawa to receive his Governor General's lifetime achievement award earlier this month.
Photograph by: Jimmy Jeong, Edmonton Journal

OTTAWA — Outed for his rock 'n' roll prowess on the keys during an Ottawa gala last fall where he dazzled a glitzy crowd with a Beatles number, Canada's typically stiff prime minister admits he's since been jamming with the likes of Bryan Adams.

The Canadian pop icon visited 24 Sussex Drive while in Ottawa to receive his Governor General's lifetime achievement award earlier this month.

During a town-hall meeting with a group of students this week on Parliament Hill, Harper spoke of the visit as one of the perks that comes with being Canada's top politician.

"As some of you know, I play a little bit in my spare time in a band and had the opportunity to have Bryan Adams come over and play with me," he said when asked what the best part about being prime minister was.

"I don't think that would have happened if I wasn't prime minister."

The economist-turned-politician has often used his piano skills and love of rock 'n' roll as a means of softening his image.

Over the years, he's made impromptu performances in public and last October surprised about 600 people at a National Arts Centre fundraiser with his rendition of With a Little Help from My Friends

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/e.....y.html#ixzz0oU6vEW2n
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    GENERAL CHAT    Music News  ›  Jammin' with Bryan Adams, a PM Perk!

Sparky Taft