Connecting the Radio & Television Industries
Click here for the last 100 entries in PSR's Portal Today in
Broadcast History

Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Street Talk/Shop Talk/let's Talk  ›  Change at the Top at CAB

Change at the Top at CAB  This thread currently has 639 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
mikedup
December 16, 2008, 3:53pm Report to Moderator

Admins
CAB President O'Farrell To Step Down
December 15, 2008

By Robert Thompson,
Billboard.biz

Toronto
- Glenn O'Farrell, the longtime president of the Canadian Association of Broadcasters, has announced he will be stepping down after six years.

O'Farrell, who joined the CAB in 2002 after leaving an executive post at the Global Television Network, will exit the position in January, he said in a news release. No replacement was announced.

"It's never easy to move on from something you passionately believe in, but after seven years and a lot of thought, I have concluded it's time for me to take on new challenges," he said. "I will miss the team of dedicated professionals at the CAB with whom I have worked to strengthen the Canadian broadcasting system in a remarkable period of industry transition."

Under O'Farrell, the CAB has become increasingly vocal about its battles, especially with the Canadian recording and publishing business. The CAB contends its radio members - about 70 privately-owned stations - are struggling under increasing high royalty rates. The organization is currently in Ottawa presenting to the Copyright Board in a massive hearing that encompasses five tariff proposals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
boredop
December 16, 2008, 3:56pm Report to Moderator
Admins
Would this have anything to do with CTV's apparent move to pull out?
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Puget Sound Radio    ON THE AIR    Street Talk/Shop Talk/let's Talk  ›  Change at the Top at CAB

Sparky Taft