Sam Phillips with Today’s Almost Forgotten Track
If you own the Grammy Winning album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss then you probably already know this song, but this performance is by the very talented writer Sam Phillips…Sam chose to avoid the industry’s big business centres, settling instead in the mid-Atlantic region where she continues to write and record, to not much notice, but that doesn’t change the fact that she deserves to be heard, and you owe it to yourself to check her out.
author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Greg Simpson firmly believes that his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then. His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Matt & Eric Exit Jack FM Calgary
- Roundhouse Radio Announces Line-up of New Program Hosts!
- CKNW Loses Michael Eckford
- Dave Farough Fired as GM of Corus Toronto
- Hudson Mack Has Written a Book
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3 Vancouver Announces Senior News Team
- Corus Entertainment misses expectations, posts $8-million…
- Jenn Dalen moving on up to KG Country!
- CHEK-TV is Seeking an Anchor
- Local TV Pollutes its Product with Promotional…