Sam Phillips with Today’s Almost Forgotten Track
If you own the Grammy Winning album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss then you probably already know this song, but this performance is by the very talented writer Sam Phillips…Sam chose to avoid the industry’s big business centres, settling instead in the mid-Atlantic region where she continues to write and record, to not much notice, but that doesn’t change the fact that she deserves to be heard, and you owe it to yourself to check her out.
author of ‘Today’s Almost Forgotten Track’
Greg Simpson firmly believes that his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then. His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- New Corus Branding & New Appointees and GMs now looking
- Pat Cardinal Passing – Family Statement
- Tamara Stanners leaving The Peak
- Celebration of Tammy’s Life by Joanna Mileos
- CITI FM’s Dave Wheeler Suspended After Controversial…
- Jody Vance and BT Part Ways?
- Chris Donnelly replaces Robin Haggar as PD at…
- Edmonton Radio GM Patrick Cardinal Dead of Cancer at 54
- New additions to Wild 95.3
- New Anchors at Global News Kelowna